Do you really want my opinion?

A look at life as seen by a Christian, wife, mom, activist and very opinionated woman.

Saturday, July 10, 2004

Tonite we held the first of what I pray is many times of fellowship with our new Bible Class. After two weeks of services truly centered around His Table, I am reminded of some of my favorite communion experiences that had nothing to do with a formal in the auditorium type of communion.

Some of my fondest informal communion times are:
Meals with my family
Ice Cream Suppers at Minter Lane
Lifeteam
Holiday and Vacation meals with the Robinsons
Any meal eaten on the Hafer's boat


My favorite times around His table invovle the following foods:
My Grandma's pie, red velvet cake, biscuits or squash casserole
Jelly pancakes by my mother-in-law
My mom's stewed tomatoes
My dad's grilled out chicken
Steaks or waffles by my husband
My sisters hominy or runny pie
Green chili by Great Scottye
Miranda's lemon bars
MeMe's dump cake
PaPa's enchiladas
Chicken Madrid by Roberta Robinson
Karene Neills Cheesy Noodle Bake
Julie Folwell's salads or anything off her baking stone
Joline Gash's apple torte
Amy Batchelor's chocolate chip oatmeal cookies
Cindy Randoph's taco salad
Breadsticks by Martha King
Salad Dressing by Susan King
Nancy Etchison's rolls
Roast beef and veggies from Laurie Lott's crockpot
Leigh Ann Heil's enchiladas and alfredo sauce
"Market Place" meal at Highland (especially the bread)
Any dessert pizza by Wendy Kilmer
Homemade pasta and sauce by Cheryl Lemmons (yes, she does make the pasta)
Any meal prepared by Craig and Shellie Smyser

Dear Lord,

Thank you for the wonderful opportunity to celebrate you with food and fellowship. Please bless all those whose gift is hospitality!
Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home