Do you really want my opinion?

A look at life as seen by a Christian, wife, mom, activist and very opinionated woman.

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

The Democratic Convention

Various notes on the little I have viewed of the Democratic Convention as someone viewed by someone who is not a Republican and not really a Democratic anymore.

-Should protesters be confined to a fenced in area.  At what point does Freedom of Speech infringe on safety?  I guess at the point that a pro-life, conservative protester was beaten for his beliefs.  The all inclusive party?  Odd, even for the Democratic Convention.
-Clinton receives a huge ovation--does this guy give new meaning to forgive and forget???  I had the affair because I could.  I never had sex with that woman.  It depends what you mean by is.  Amazing!
-Funny hats--where do these people shop????  I have never seen a better viewing of wacky hats and I actually want some of them!
-Elizabeth Edwards--I love her!!!  You gotta like a gal who throws her life toward home and community after tragedy, talks about needing to loose weight and let her preschoolers be themselves.  My favorite moment was when her daughter Emma Claire prances for the camera and her mother rolls her eyes and calmly but firmly ask her daughter to stop being sassy.  When Emma Claire refuses to comply,  Elizabeth gently guides her off camera.  How hard would that be to parent young children with reporters watching your every move--one gutsy mom!
-The 9/11 tribute was amazing!  I hope we never forget all of those who have given their lives for us!

 
It is going to be a long campaign!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home