Do you really want my opinion?

A look at life as seen by a Christian, wife, mom, activist and very opinionated woman.

Monday, August 30, 2004

I'm back!

Well hello old friend! I am back to blogging again. Since I wrote last, my life has been very up and down. First I had a visit from an old and dear friend, Penny White. It was great catching up with her and news from California. Then it was off on the vacation of a lifetime--a two and half week road trip to Florida. This included Disneyland, visits with more dear friends (the McCartheys), Paul's conference, one tropical storm, one bike accident that required three separate security reports (poor CP), and a hectic trip home to avoid the hurricane. When we arrived home, a family crisis and subsequent loss for my sister's family--her dear father-in-law passed away after a brave battle with cancer. While Lauren began kindergarten and CP eased into fourth grade, I was fortunate enough to watch another class at FaithWorks graduate. During our final week of class I witness the ultimate gift any mother can make as one of my students delivered a healthy baby boy and chose to place him in a stable home with two very deserving parents. You see if I had blogged I do not know what it would have been like--up and down--up and down.

Dear Father,

As I have struggled with the ups and downs of life I want to remember those in my life who are really struggling with loss, love, transitions and health. Please bless those around me and help me to comfort them. Please let them know your power as the ultimate comforter!

Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home